Are there any places I can’t drive the cars? While most of Maui offers safe and easily accessible roads, there are a few areas where our cars are not permitted to go due to unsafe or poor road conditions:
1) Offroad, unpaved or unimproved roads (including gravel, dirt, fields, poorly maintained roads with potholes, ruts, etc.)
2) The “back road to Hana” between the Seven Sacred Pools/Oheo Gulch and Ulupalakua
3) Past the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm on Waipoli Road in Upcountry Maui
4) On Crater Road (to the summit of Haleakala)
5) Through the lava fields to La Perouse Bay (South Maui past Makena)
6) Between the Nakalele Blow Hole and the Turnbull Gallery (Highways 340/30) in West Maui (Kahakuloa area) - driver and weather dependent
Our Speedsters are equipped with GPS-trackers. Violation of the driving restrictions will incur a non-negotiable $300 MINIMUM charge.